Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Dad is Not a 50's Housewife

I'm reminded of this quite frequently. I haven't trusted my father with laundry since my sophomore year in high school and I asked him to wash my white tennis skirt. He's a terrific father and did just as I asked and then promptly put the white tennis skirt in the dryer with blue jeans. Needless to say my tennis coach was not very happy with my uniform that day. She completely dismissed my joke about my skirt being our new mascot, we were the Blue Streaks, I thought it was very witty.

For Christmas my friend Sarah gave me this awesome mug.


Its perfect. It has everything I look for in a mug. Its not one of those little wimpy mugs that hold 2 drops of coffee then its reached capacity. Nope this mug held its ground. It was branded with my name and on the other side it has a K, and I have an unhealthy obsession with things that have my name or initials on it. But what really made this mug special was Sarah took the time to come up with her definition of me.

Kate [Kāt]
noun
1. Music enthusiast hailing from Woodstock, IL
2. One who sleeps past noon and consumes all things apple

This may have been one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. 

Today the mug looks like this

I know, much sadness. Tears were shed when my mom came into my room and asked if I had put my mug in the dishwasher. It turns out my dad thought he would help me out and he put it in there. You're probably wondering why I didn't just do my dishes myself. Well friends, at this time I was stuck in bed with strep. I love my dad but sometimes he can be just a little too helpful.

But I've learned my lesson once again, my dad is not a 50's housewife. Nor should he be treated as such. Dad, if you're reading this, don't quit your day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com