Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Best Present Ever

My sister is
-annoying
-spoiled
-a nuisance
-a pain
-crazy
-kind
-inspiring
-strong
-amazing
-my best friend

I love my sister with all my heart, that being said I don't always like her. But the thing about having a sister is that you don't always like each other, this is especially true when you're only 18 months apart, you wear pretty much the same size everything, and your closet doors don't lock. And even though it seems like we are at each others throats most of the time you can bet that we've also got each other's backs. I can't promise to her that she will never have to face any problems. But I can promise that she will never have to face those problems alone.

Tonight my parents are taking us to New York City for a long weekend as her birthday present. Yes, I'm completely mooching off this trip because I'm still on winter break. There's no way my parents would hear the end of it if they only take one of their daughters to NYC. This might be one of the best gifts my parents ever give to my sister. My sister is always going to remember the birthday we spent strolling through Central Park, eating croughnuts and food truck meals, and watching The Lion King live on Broadway. She's a lucky girl, and I'm pretty lucky too because I get to experience this with her.

Even though Blair's getting an amazing gift I still received the best present ever from my parents. There will never be another person that understands every quirk of my family. No one will ever be able to comfort me like my sister can. And there is definitely no one who can get on my nerves quite like she can. My sister was and forever will be the best present I've ever gotten, even though my first edition Kindle was pretty rad at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com